young americans

Hi, so I have no idea how I did on my midterms but i know that I feel AWFUL. but slightly less awful than before or during the tests. thank god there is such EGREGIOUS GRADE INFLATION at this school that it is in fact impossible to get less than a B+. For example, if, hypothetically, on my first Microeconomics exam, I got, let's say, for illustrative purposes, a 57/100. THAT'S A B+. Someone call the world bank and give me a Nobel because I am an above average economist.

This week has seen the transition from failing Econ and Quant exams to ramping up for the Great Big Fat Budget Simulation for my Politics class. For this project, the whole class is assigned a role either in the Obama Administration, the Senate, the Press, plus OMB and CBO. We have 3 weeks to pass a budget lowering the federal deficit from nearly $1.5 trillion to $279B or the gov't shuts down. Guess who I get to play. Come on guess... Kathleen Sebelius! I am the muhfuckin US Secretary of Health and Human Services and all your health care reformz are belong to us. Go Jayhawks.

This friday, my administration is releasing our budget to the full Senate for them to hack to pieces before next Friday, the 20th, when we all get together and make floor speeches and debate late into the evening until we all vote on a budget and then break for pizza. just like in real Congress! except if dickheads like Joe Leiberman or Tom Coburn or Olympia Snowe cause problems and we don't come to a vote before pizza, we all come back together and start stabbing each other in the back and drinking out of flasks and gchatting strategy across the chamber and buying and selling votes like commodities futures. just like real Congress! i'm feeling so patriotic.

No comments: