a day at the beach

I went to a show at the RNR Hotel last night and didn’t recognize a single hipster. I did, however, smell incense burning and even spotted a couple flowy skirts mixed in with the high-waisted jeans and bottlecap glasses. It was surprisingly refreshing.

Despite momentary cringes and bouts of narcolepsy, I noticed each of the bands' singers had really interesting voices. And because this is how my brain works, I will now give you my highly subjective, mostly worthless low down:

Tiny Vipers = Delores O'Riorden+Cat Power. I felt her pain. then ran away.

Papercuts = Stereolab+Brian Jonestown Massacre+Peter, Bjorn, and John. My friend and I actually bought both their albums, one each with intent to trade. The last time I bought a CD at a show, it was 1995 at some hick festival in kansas city and this Zendik crazy blindsided me.

Beach House = Grace Slick.






Singing "mary had a little lamb" from the bottom of a well. backwards.


She even looks like her kinda.




Sundays rule.

No comments: