it really just makes you look girlier

This article got me thinking about those 5 minutes when I was a courier in DC.

These are things I miss about being a courier:
knowing my way around the city like a cabbie and being able to get literally anywhere by bike
riding down the median on Pennsylvania Ave at rush hour with no hands
getting a rush to the state department or an embassy where i'll have to wait forever inside where its warm and still get paid double
women in offices giving me high fives for being a woman in a male dominated industry
men in offices looking at me like I was an alien
and, you know, looking cool


These are things I don't miss about being a courier:
cabs
bamma couriers
capitol effing police
getting doored
bamma dispatchers
the smell
having to enter thru the loading dock and deal with power-tripping security officers and take dirty service elevators like i'm a piece of garbage
snow
never making any money because I am slow and don't give a shit

Anyways, I'm going to Portland this weekend to hang out and drink all the Stumptown coffee in the world. They ride bikes there too:

No comments: