things i'm so! excited! about! right now!

1) I just ordered this 12" Lodge cast iron skillet and this lid!

2) I also just ordered a copy of Baking with Julia!

3) I'm going to try my hand at making my own natural yeast starter for sourdough bread!

4) I think my next cooking insanity-fueled purchase will be a baking stone for some serious chewy, yeasty, french style loaves. fuckinay!

5) I'm going to hear Michael Pollan speak at a free lecture in Baltimore this Saturday! Even tho the food portion of the evening is already sold out and it will probably be standing room only!

Also, I've been planning in my mind all the delicious things i will be making in my perfect kitchen in my perfect pink victorian-style studio apartment in Oakland with hard wood floors and claw foot tub and a deck off of the kitchen where I will never need air conditioning or heating. Quick someone smack some reality into me please and remind me that i will be going to school 900 hours a day and won't have time to make pop tarts you idiot!

No comments: