beach weak

Last weekend for Memorial Day I went to Dewey Beach. That's in Delaware in case you're wondering. That's right. a beach. in Delaware.


It was awesome in the trashiest way. I'll try and paint you a picture. One night when we got back to our rented condo after doing Jager shots at a bar on the beach called the Rusty Rudder, we played charades which is like my favorite game. we decided the theme of this round should be "Dewey Beach" so everyone wrote down like 4 things that had to do with Dewey Beach and put them in the hat for others to act out. These were some of the charades that Dewey Beach inspired in us:

Douche
F.U.P.A.
mohawk
shrinkage
rasta mon
rohypnol
preakness (as in shitshow)

I don't remember the rest but trust me we were surrounded by the kind of mtv spring break crowd that makes you sad to share a species. but did i mention there was a beach? yeah, a real beach with sand and waves! and a giant rusty metal pipe running a mile along the beach and out into the atlantic where a dredger was anchored! but whatever! I bought a red string bikini (!)! and my national security dork friends made a sand Pentagon! behold:
100_1728

So after everyone left the beach to go back to the condo to make lunch, I stayed a bit longer and sat in my beach chair in my red string bikini (!) and read THE FOUNTAINHEAD and enjoyed my day at the beach in DELAWARE. Inevitably some d-bags wandered by and go "HOLY SHIT THE PENTAGON COOL BRAH!" and chest bumped. then they turn to me and one is like "oh hey you a fan of Ayn Rand?" and i'm like "we're not having this conversation" but really I say "well, she's an uber-capitalist and she's got some fucked up ideas about gender, but I like it so far" to which they say "oh yeah... wasn't she like a LESBIAN" to which i say nothing because i died. the end.

ps, I made veggie burgers for beach bbqing.
100_1738

No comments: